Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Those Girls: Taking Time

In our Instagram feed this morning, I saw the most lovely quote, posted by Flow Magazine. "The only way to have time is to take time." -Bertha Eckstein-Diener

flow magazine instagram
Photo from Flow Magazine's Instagram

What a wonderful quote. It's incredibly true as well. I always hear others (and even myself) saying "I'm sorry, I don't have the time to do that," or "I don't have time, I'm too busy." But...do we not have the time? We choose to do other things instead of the thing we are turning down, because let's face it, if it's something we truly care about, we TAKE time. It seems as if there are so many people doing it all: a family, a career, amazing cooking, great clothes. What are they doing differently, you might wonder? The only difference is the fact that they have taken time to make those things a priority, perhaps neglecting others.

My plans for taking time:
• Organizing my house. It needs to be a priority.
• Running. It always makes me feel great.
• Answering emails. Yep.
• Reading more books. Work can wait.

What do you need to take time for?

Blogging tips