Monday, April 29, 2013

A Crocheted Baby Blanket

A baby nephew is coming, and I decided it was time to put my money where my mouth is and make something lovely. I started out using the Crocheted Granny Square pattern in cream, but it the squares were a bit too big with wider spaces for little baby hands. So I took our existing pattern, shrank it up a bit and used a light taupey-grey yarn. Here are the pictures I took along the way:

crocheted baby blanket in grey

crocheted baby blanket in grey
The concept
crocheted baby blanket in grey
Piecing
crocheted baby blanket in grey
Scalloping the edges
crocheted baby blanket in grey
Blocking and ironing
crocheted baby blanket in grey
Finished!

I love the granny squares in solid colors. It brings a whole new feel to the pattern. What do you think? Ready to make your own?

Blogging tips